Early to Rise Challenge: Day 9

Isn't that just awful?  I mean, I know other people in the Early to Rise Challenge have committed to  getting up about that early.  But I wasn't one of them - I committed to six o'clock.  And I'm ashamed to admit I hit the snooze button twice this morning.

The reason I set my alarm for such a horribly early time was the conference I had to attend that started at 8:30 - two and a half hours away.

So I packed my CDs for the car and crochet for the lecture, and ended up pretty much hydroplaning for two and a half hours all the way to the university.  I think the highway ran right along the path of the storm.  Heaven knows we needed a good soaking rain, but did we have to have it today?  At least today was better than the last time I went to a one-day CE conference there - the rain was so bad I had about twenty feet of visibility.  At least today my wipers on high speed were adequate.  Come to think of it, if it rains hard every time I drive to KSU and back in a single day, maybe if I attend more CE conferences I'll break the drought...

I'm finally home, after a total of five hours driving.  I'm officially dead tired, and I don't think I have anything good to say about rising early today.  In fact, the only thought I'm having at all is that Spring Ahead time is a terrible time for an early-rising challenge.  I honestly have no idea if I'll even attempt to stick to my six o'clock resolution tomorrow.

1 comments:

Post a Comment