Exposing the Lies

Day Five: Listening to Your Inner Nag... Before Telling it to Shut Up


Today's step is a difficult one.  I have zero self-confidence, a perfectionist drive that constantly tells me things are not yet good enough, and my personal CHAOS ("Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome") is as much due to social anxiety disorder as it is to the clutter.  So when Fly Lady says to turn all those negative voices in my head around into something positive, my initial response is, "But... they're all true."

But here goes anyway...

I can't manage the organization of a whole house.

I got through eight years of intense post-secondary education.  I've managed three kids.  I've started meal-planning and grocery shopping on a regular routine.  I've even started managing cloth diapering and a compost pile.  I can do this if I take it in little bites and don't expect it to come all at once.  As Fly Lady is fond of saying, "It didn't get messy in a day, and it won't get clean in a day either."
also
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13, NKJV)

I'm lazy.

I'm exhausted.  That's not the same as laziness.  It's also something I can fix by tweaking bedtimes and increasing my efficiency in other parts of my routine.  And that's really what the FLYing lessons are for - not to add more work but to increase the value of the work I already do.

I'm worthless.

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7 KJV)

I'm a disaster.

 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord (Psalm 45:11 KJV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment