Hot Seat or Hot Spot?

Day Six: Cleaning the Hot Spots

 

Here goes. I'm going to bare my soul and show you my housekeeping trouble spots. Some of them are slightly better than normal because of recent barbecue we hosted forced me to do a little extra tidying.

My hot spots are (drumroll, please):

The kitchen table.
The folding table.
The coffee table.
The side table. Are you sensing a theme yet?
I tend to practice the "first available surface" method of filing.
And my "soul-bearing" resolve broke when I got to my bedroom.  I'm just not ready to show anyone my dresser.
Two minutes on the kitchen table cleared off everything but the dishes that were ready to go into the dishwasher.  Those I did right afterwards, and then set the table for dinner.
Speaking of timing, I figured out what was wrong with the timer function on the FlyHelper app.  It's true that the visual counter will freeze when the screen powers off, but the timer does still keep counting down.  The problem is that the default app settings have the timer and alarm chimes set to "None."  Once I changed that, it worked just fine.  One thing to be aware of - and this could be good or bad depending on how you plan to use the app - is that the chime rings once and stops.  So it's good if you want to be able to finish up whatever last little task you were doing without interrupting your stride to shut off an alarm.  It's not so great if you're apt to be distracted and miss the sound.
The other new item for today is the weekly Zone change.  This week the focus is on the Kitchen.  Not that I've been paying a lot of attention to the Zones since Day Three.  It's just hard to know where to fit them in.  I'll have to work on that myself - I've scanned the 31 Baby Steps (Lisa Collington did a wonderful job of sorting them into a nice, neat pdf on her blog) and there is not a single mention of Zones.  I shall take thought on this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment